Our Riverside Centre in Southwark, supports up to 90 people a day with a learning disability. It is a place to meet friends, keep active, learn new skills and have fun!
We believe that people with a disability should be able to live the life that they choose, free from discrimination. That's why at The Riverside, every person we support has the power to plan their own day, choose their own activities and build their own daily schedule.
However, we need your help to revamp the centre to make space for even more people who need our support.
What we need your money for:
Currently, the building does not have enough specialist facilities to cope. So, we need to:
- Upgrade the toilet and changing facilities for people with limited mobility;
- Widen doorways for wheelchair users;
- Adapt lifts to hold more people and larger wheelchairs;
- Renovate and divide existing rooms to provide multi-purpose areas with quiet zones;
- Give the centre's decor a lick of paint.
But this isn't all about us!
As part of the renovation, we want to open The Riverside to the local community so that they can also enjoy this amazing space. By bringing people together with and without a disability, we can break down barriers and take another step towards achieving a fully inclusive society.
We need your support to make this happen.
Please make a donation today and help us to transform The Riverside into an inclusive, open and vibrant space.